Oregon's Real Estate Licensing Requirements
Oregon's real estate licensing requirements were completely revised in 2002, replacing the previous two-tier system with a single license; real estate broker. All real estate brokers now are required to have the same pre-license education requirements and pass the same licensing examination. Competency exams (the exams that previously allowed a person to obtain a license without completing the courses) have been discontinued. It is necessary to complete the required 150 hour state approved education courses.
Five steps in obtaining an Broker license
- 1. License application to the Oregon Real Estate Agency
- 2. Notify the school of the Applicant ID number
- 3. Complete the required 150 hour pre-license education program
- 4. Pass the Oregon Real Estate Agency License Examination
- 5. Fingerprinting at PSI Examsw after you pass your state examination.
Required pre-license education (150 hours)
- Real Estate Law (30 hours)
- Contracts (15 hours)
- Real Estate Finance (30 hours)
- Real Estate Practice (30 hours)
- Agency (15 hours)
- Property Management (10 hours)
- Real Estate Brokerage (20 hours)
Convenient Guaranteed Home Study Program
Distance learning (home study) is authorized for the required pre-license education. You can now prepare for your Oregon brokers's license at your convenience, at your own pace, from any location! Avoid the expenses of travel, day-care or time away from your present job.
All of our Real Estate courses offer Live Instructor Support!
Accelerated Classroom / Distance Learning Course
Our Accelerated Oregon Pre-License classroom/distance learning program is designed to get you into your new profession in the shortest and easiest manner possible. With our 10 week course you have the opportunity to receive your license within less than three months! Check out our Live Instruction Classroom program.
For more information
Click on the links on the left side or top of this page to check out our prices or to sign up for either the Pre-License Program or for Continuing Education credit. If you are unsure about real estate as a career or would like to know more about how to find a good program click on the License and Career Information buttons.
Ready to sign up or want more information? Click HERE